Project Manager - heavy oil and gas sector / Fabrication / Field Construction / Maintenance / Pipeline construction/ Pipeline Integrity and Module Fabrication Cochrane
PROJECT MANAGER (Multiple Positions)
LOCATION: Brooks, Cochrane, Edmonton, Lloydminster, Sherwood Park
POSITION STATUS: Permanent, Full-time
DEPARTMENT: Industrial Services
We are pleased to confirm that the following career opportunities are available at the Project Manager level.
Central Region, Lloydminster: The Lloydminster location provides services to customers in the heavy oil & gas sector. This office performs projects throughout central and southern Alberta and into central Saskatchewan with a broad scope of services including fabrication, field construction and maintenance, pipeline construction, pipeline integrity, module fabrication and turnkey project management. Reporting to the Area Manager, this position will oversee multiple projects from the office with the ability to travel as required. The ideal candidate will have diverse project experience.
Southern Region, Cochrane: The Cochrane location services construction, project and maintenance work in the Southern region of Alberta and BC. Reporting to the Area Manager this opportunity requires a seasoned Project Manager with experience managing industrial construction projects. Estimating experience is also required.
Southern Region, Brooks: The Brooks location provides services to customers in the oil & gas and petrochemical sectors. This office performs projects throughout central and southern Alberta and into southern Saskatchewan. This opportunity is ideal for candidates who have project coordinator experience or are early in their Project Management career as this position can be filled at as a developmental opportunity. This position reports to the Area Manager.
Technical Services, Project Management Office (Two positions): The Technical Services Branch will include a central estimating and project controls teams. This branch is at the developmental stage and at this time, we are seeking experienced Project Managers who have the ability to:
· Lead the development of responses to RFPs, RFI?s and estimates
· Develop project management tools
· Upon award, organize, kick off and execute field projects as required.
These positions will be based out of the Sherwood Park/Edmonton area and will report initially to the COO and will take direction from the applicable Operations Vice President. Candidates for these positions must be willing to travel and be assigned to field projects as required. Qualifications for these roles include an engineering degree or diploma (i.e. CET) plus several years project management experience.
Please indicate your interest in these opportunities by e-mailing a resume to Sue Muma, Human Resources
The Project Manager is accountable for budget, schedule, safety, quality and overall project performance; ensuring quality work is completed on schedule in an economical manner. This position is also responsible for providing leadership and direction and promoting amicable relationships with all parties involved, including clients, engineers, suppliers and sub-contractors.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Interface with client Project Manager through project development, execution and completion.
Execute the contract to the client requirements and specifications. Ensure the scope of work, terms and conditions, and specifications are clearly understood and communicate the same to all subcontractors.
Accountable to ensure all components of the overall project execution plan are developed and directed at meeting project goals and objectives. Ensuring the development of:
o Safety Mgmt Plan
o Quality Mgmt Plan
o Materials & Equipment Plan
o Subcontractor Mgmt Plan
o Accounting Plan
o Cost and Schedule Control Plan
o Change Management Plan
· Develop the original budget, manage changes, determine progress and generate forecasts.
· Promote and ensure safety compliance in all areas of responsibility and actively resolve safety issues or concerns.
· Provide direction and supervision to the Supervision and all lower tier employees. Formally evaluate their performance after each project and provide feedback.
· Resolve performance issues in a timely manner.
· Identify capability gaps and ensure sufficient training opportunities are available to Supervisors and field staff.
· Ensure all supervisors clearly understand their roles and responsibilities.
· Ensure project budget is maintained and adjusted as necessary with appropriate client and management communication and authorization.
· Report performance to financial targets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
· Superior client service skills.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task, probe, analyze and solve complex issues.
· Ability to work in a constantly changing environment and achieve quality standards.
· Strong organizational skills, including effective prioritization and follow-up.
· Working knowledge of such computer programs as spreadsheets, word processing, scheduling
software, and project management software.
· Good knowledge of quality control and construction safety required.
· Must be able to read and interpret contracts, blueprints and drawings for heavy industrial projects and
understand the scope of work and project specifications.
© 2007 Hiring Pros - All rights reserved